Blessed Sacrament Primary School
‘With Christ’s love at the centre of our living and learning, together we aim for excellence’
At Blessed Sacrament Primary school:
• KS1 attainment in 2019 was at least in line with national or above at the Expected standard for reading, writing, maths and RWM combined. Maths at 86% was a particular strength.
• KS2 attainment in 2019 was above national in reading, maths, GPS and combined RWM. Reading at Expected and GPS at Greater Depth were very strong.
• KS1 -KS2 progress in 2019 shows a good improvement in reading and maths from the previous 2 years.
• Teachers are given termly assessment reports identifying attainment, progress and targeted pupils.
• Good improvements in the impact of teachers’ marking on pupils’ achievement. Challenge is now a feature in marking.
• Pupils are responding to feedback in marking and know how to improve.
• Target-setting is in place to help ‘close the gap’ in pupils’ learning.
To develop behaviours and habits to become effective learners (Our actions and attitudes: How we act when we learn)
The impact we intend to achieve by developing this intention is seen by how the children approach challenges every day. This could be on the playground, in a game or disagreement, or in class in a complex learning challenge. The impact should be that children don’t give up, are highly motivated to succeed and achieve and are equipped with all the personal skills to do this.